White Bean and Roasted Garlic Soup
I had some leftover roasted garlic and wanted to make sure that these little golden nuggets didn’t go to waste! Here’s a flavor-rich soup that would be perfect on a cold winter day! I paired it with gluten-free biscuits, but this soup can definitely hold its own as a main dish!
- 4 15 ounce cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 large heads of garlic, roasted and peeled (I use the Pioneer Woman’s method)
- 12 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp chicken Better Than Bouillon
- 6 cups water (add more or less depending on how thick you like your soup)
- Pinch or 2 of white pepper
In a large stock pot, place beans, garlic, sage, Better Than Bouillon, and water. Stir to combine all ingredients, and bring to a boil. Once soup is boiling, turn heat down to simmer and blend all ingredients together using an immersion blender. Continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Stir in white pepper and serve hot. You can also add salt if needed. Enjoy!
Tip: You can use organic low sodium chicken broth in place of the Better Than Bouillon and water, if you like. Start with 1 1/2 quarts, and add more if you want to thin out your soup.