Brown Rice Fusilli with Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 package organic brown rice fusilli
- 1 package organic cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 bag of organic baby spinach
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast flakes (for topping)
- Fresh basil, chopped (for topping)
Boil water and cook brown rice pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and return to pot (turn stove off).
Place oil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add in tomatoes, salt, dried oregano, dried basil, and crushed red pepper flakes and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add handfuls of spinach to the pan, stir and allow to wilt before adding more. Add more extra virgin olive oil as needed to create enough sauce to coat all veggies, as well as the pasta. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed/desired.
Pour the cherry tomato and spinach sauce over pasta. Mix gently combine the pasta and sauce. Serve topped with fresh basil and cheese or nutritional yeast flakes. Enjoy!
This goes great with my Gluten-Free Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Meatballs!