This soup is so easy and so yummy, even my picky daughter loves it! It makes a wonderful lunch or comforting dinner on a cold evening. Helpful tip: double the recipe and freeze half for later. I will never make chicken noodle soup again after eating this gem of a recipe!
- 1 32-ounce container organic low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1-2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded OR rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk with leaves, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp cumin (add more to taste, if desired)
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of cayenne
Combine broth, garlic, and veggies and cook over medium heat until veggies are soft. Add quinoa, chicken, parsley cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Stir and heat through; add more salt/cumin/pepper if needed to deepen the flavor of the soup. Enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from Christa Orecchio’s Easy Quinoa Veggie Soup. You can find her at The Whole Journey.