Chinese Mahi Mahi Salad with Asian Dressing
We had some left-over Mahi Mahi from the fish tacos we made last night for Taco Tuesday. The Mindful Daddie said he was in the mood for a salad, so I came up with this recipe to make the fish and salad work together! It’s a twist on the classic Chinese Chicken Salad with a dressing so good that it might make you want to lick your salad bowl! The recipe below makes 2 large servings.
- 4 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 11-oz. can of mandarin oranges in water, drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- 1 large Mahi Mahi filet, patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp orange juice
Combine garlic, salt, ginger, and orange juice in a smal bowl and brush onto both sides of the fish. Place fish on grill at medium heat, cooking each side for 4 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from grill and cut filet into 2 pieces.
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 drops dark liquid stevia
- 2 1/2 tsp peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp sriracha
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour into a salad dressing container and store in the refrigerator.
To serve, scoop salad into 2 large salad bowls. Dress the salads and top with the Mahi Mahi fillets. Enjoy!