Black Bean and Corn Salad
Tonight is Taco Tuesday at the Mindful Mommie house, and I am serving up this tasty black bean and corn salad as our side dish. It is super simple and full of fresh flavors! It also makes a super delicious lunch if you have leftovers. You can even top it with grilled chicken to make it a meal all on its own!
- 1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can organic corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 a jalapeno, diced
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Avocado, for topping (optional)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend together. When ready to serve, top with avocado. Enjoy!